Monday, September 12, 2016

Healthy Low-Carb Meals in Under 10 Minutes

Healthy Low-Carb Meals in Under 10 Minutes



Chef is ImpressedI get asked what I eat all the time, so I thought it would be a good idea to write an article with some of my go-to meals.
I’m not the most creative guy in the kitchen and usually use only a handful of ingredients.
My meals can be prepared in under 10 minutes… but I’ve still managed to make them taste pretty damn good, if I may say so myself.
All the meals are low-carb and weight loss friendly.

1. Eggs and Vegetables, Fried in Coconut Oil

This is what I eat for breakfast literally every single day. I never get tired of it and it keeps me full for a long time.
Ingredients: Coconut oil, Spinach, Frozen Vegetable Mix (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans) and Spices.
Instructions:
  • 1. Add coconut oil to frying pan and turn up the heat.
  • 2. Add vegetables. In my case, I use a frozen mix so I need to let it thaw in the heat for a few minutes.
  • 3. Add eggs (I use 3 or 4).
  • 4. Add spices. I use a spice mix, although salt and pepper work great too.
  • 5. (Optional) Add spinach.
  • 6. Stir fry until ready.
Eggs And Vegetables, Fried In Coconut Oil

2. Grilled Chicken Wings With Greens and Salsa

This is one of my all-time favorite meals. There’s something “primitive” about eating meat off the bone… love it.
Ingredients: Chicken Wings, Spices, Some Greens, Salsa.
Instructions:
  • 1. Put spice on chicken wings (I use a chicken spice mix).
  • 2. Insert into oven, heat at 180-200°C (356-392°F) for about 40 minutes.
  • 3. Grill until wings are brown and crunchy.
  • 4. Serve with some vegetables and salsa.
Grilled Chicken Wings With Salad

3. Bacon and Eggs

I wouldn’t exactly call bacon a health food. It is processed meat, after all.
But it is still low in carbs and you can eat it on a low-carb diet and still lose weight. I personally eat bacon and eggs once or twice a week.
Ingredients: Bacon, Eggs.
Instructions:
  • 1. Add bacon to pan, fry until ready.
  • 2. Put the bacon on a plate, fry a few eggs (I use 3-4) in the bacon fat.
  • 3. (Optional) If you want to add some flavor to the eggs, put a bit of sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder on them while frying.
Bacon and Eggs

4. Ground Beef With Sliced Bell Peppers

This is a meal I eat from time to time, not very often. It is perfect if you have some spare ground beef laying around.
Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Onions, Ground Beef, Spinach, Spices and a Bell Pepper.
Instructions:
  • 1. Cut an onion in little pieces.
  • 2. Put coconut oil on pan, turn up the heat.
  • 3. Add onion to pan, stir for a minute or two.
  • 4. Add ground beef.
  • 5. Add some spices (I use a spice mix, but salt and pepper work fine).
  • 6. Add spinach.
  • 7. (Optional) If you want to spice things up a bit, add some black pepper and chili powder.
  • 8. Stir fry until ready, serve with a sliced bell pepper.
Ground Beef and Vegetables

5. Cheeseburgers Without The Bun

This is a meal that I never get tired of. Burgers without the bun, with some cheeses and served with raw spinach.
Ingredients: Butter, Hamburgers, Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, Salsa, Spices, Spinach.
Instructions:
  • 1. Put butter on pan, turn up the heat.
  • 2. Add burgers and spices.
  • 3. Flip until close to being ready.
  • 4. Add a few slices of cheddar and some cream cheese on top.
  • 5. Turn down the heat and put a lid on the pan until the cheese melts.
  • 6. Serve with some spinach. I like to pour some of the fat from the pan on top of the spinach.
  • 7. To make the burgers even more juicy, add some salsa on top.
Cheeseburgers Without The Bun

6. Fried Pieces of Chicken Breast

I don’t always eat chicken breasts, but when I do… I add lots of butter to make them palatable.
Ingredients: Butter, Chicken Breast, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Curry and Vegetables.
Instructions:
  • 1. Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
  • 2. Add butter to pan, turn up the heat.
  • 3. Add chicken pieces.
  • 4. Add a bunch of salt, pepper, curry and garlic powder.
  • 5. Stir fry until the chicken gets a brown, crunchy texture.
  • 6. Serve with some greens.
Fried Chicken Breast Pieces

7. Fake Meat-Based Pizza… Meatza

If you miss pizza, then you’re going to love this. It tastes even better, in my opinion, without all the nasty ingredients.
This recipe is very easy to modify and you can add whatever you want to it … vegetables, mushrooms, different cheeses, etc.
Ingredients: Ground Beef, Salsa, Onions, Spice, Garlic Powder, Shredded Cheese and Bacon.
Instructions:
  • 1. Cut onions into little pieces and bacon into small slices.
  • 2. Mix ground beef, salsa, onions, spices and garlic powder at the bottom of a baking dish.
  • 3. Add shredded cheese on top.
  • 4. Spread bacon slices over the whole thing.
  • 5. Insert into oven, heat at 180-200°C (356-392°F) for 30-40 minutes, until bacon and cheese look crunchy.
Fake Pizza Made With Meat

Take Home Message

I have no clue when I’ll write another cooking post, but make sure to follow me on Facebook as I often post there.