Saturday, July 29, 2017

Bible Verses for Your Weight Loss Journey



Losing weight isn't easy.  Period.  Can I get an Amen?  But with Christ by our side, anything is possible.  How can we resist the cravings and temptations that surround us daily? With truth! Replace the lies you've believed about food with thoughts that reflect Biblical truth. Read the Bible and memorize verses that help you see yourself and your relationship to food truthfully. Absorb them into your soul. Store them near your heart so they'll be there to encourage you when you face temptation. Together let's look to the Lord and vow to press on toward our weight loss goals.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24

Cast all your cares on him, because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:18

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
2 Timothy 1:7

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalms 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment