Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Filipino Picadillo

Every now and again I do crave for some dishes that reminds me of home. Last Christmas season , we were blessed to be able to come home and visit family in Philippines. What an awesome vacation that was! Aside from yours truly devouring all the Filipino foods that I did missed eating , going back home reminded me how simple life is living in there.. to slow down and how valuable family time is. Nothing beats that feeling when you are surrounded by love.Here's an easy and super budget friendly recipe that I cook for my family that never fails to remind me of my home. Just a few ingredients and it doesn't involve hard to find ingredients. We love having this Filipino Picadillo recipes over our rice! 

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tsp garlic, minced

1 1/2 cups , diced potatoes ( white potatoes)

1 1/2 cup , diced carrots

1 medium size, chopped onion

2 tbsp soy sauce

2 cups water

1/3 cup tomato sauce

salt and ground pepper

Directions:

Heat olive oil in saucepan. Fry the diced potatoes and carrots until tender. Remove the fried vegetables  from the pan and set aside.

Using the same pan, saute garlic and onion then add the ground beef.

Pour the water and bring to a boil.

Add soy sauce and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Then add the diced carrots. Simmer for another 3 minutes then add the fried vegetables.

 Add in  salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over hot rice/


No comments:

Post a Comment