Monday, August 20, 2018

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE

This smoothie has some of my favorite flavors. Chocolate and peanut butter!! Usually, when chocolate and peanut butter are involved, it is not what I would consider healthy. However, this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a healthy option while getting the chocolate and peanut butter I crave.



The sweetness of the smoothie relies on the ripeness of the banana. I am personally not a fan of very ripe bananas, so my smoothie was not on the overly sweet side, but I still did not need to add agave or honey.

I always have unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my refrigerator. If you don’t, just add 1/4 t pure vanilla extract to the ingredients with the milk you have on hand. You can use skim milk, soy milk, coconut milk, rice milk, etc. What you have and what you prefer will work here. I do recommend an unsweetened milk to avoid sugar overload in this smoothie. The banana and peanut butter sweetened my smoothie up perfectly!


CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA SMOOTHIE


A filling smoothie with banana, peanut butter, and cocoa powder.

Recipe type: Beverage

Serves: 1

INGREDIENTS

1 frozen banana (pre-sliced into 1 " sections before freezing)2 T creamy peanut butter1 T cocoa powder1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk2-3 ice cubs1 t agave or honey, if needed to sweeten

INSTRUCTIONS

Put the frozen banana, peanut butter, cocoa, vanilla almond milk and ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth. If you want the smoothie sweeter, add agave or honey and blend to incorporate. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment