Thursday, February 01, 2018

MOCK PAYDAY FAT BOMBS

What's spiral bound and sports 400 original recipes and pictures? My cookbook, Necessary Food. 



I have had one PayDay candy bar in my lifetime. We were on our way home from a horse show in Lexington, KY, and we didn’t really have snacks for the trip home. Since we weren’t really planning on stopping for a meal on the way home (we were hauling horses), we all grabbed candy bars at a gas station. Yes, we grabbed candy bars to replace a meal; yes, this was after I had been a successful THM blogger for over a year; and yes, those candy bars made me sick. But I do have an excuse: after hearing all about low-carb PayDay mockups (like the famous “Pay Off Day Candies” from the THM cookbook), I thought I should come up with my own, and how was I supposed to do that if I had never tasted the real thing? That is a valid excuse, Y'all.

And it resulted in this recipe, so aren’t you happy? I know you’ll forgive me for my transgression.



Actually, my sister Katelyn is the one who came up with this basic recipe, but since she never measures, I made it on my own with my own flair and wrote it down for humanity. These fat bombs have all the flavors of a PayDay candy bar, minus the fattening qualities! Yeah, fat doesn’t make you fat. Who knew?



Traditional PayDays are caramel and peanut butter flavors together, but since I despise the taste of caramel extract, I like to use maple instead. I think it tastes more caramelly than caramel extract. Go figure.

If you omit the peanuts in these cool candies, they actually work in a THM Deep S setting! 






Serves:16-20 small candies

THM:S, low carb, sugar-free, gluten/egg free

INGREDIENTS

¼ cup refined coconut oil, melted
2 T salted butter, melted
2 T defatted peanut flour
1 T whey protein powder
2 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
A dash each of vanilla and maple extracts
Small dash of salt, if needed
Peanuts

INSTRUCTIONS

Stir together all ingredients except for the salt and peanuts. Taste and add a very small dash of salt if necessary.
Pour the candy mixture into molds or into a foil-lined container. Sprinkle with the desired amount of peanuts. Freeze until hard, then remove from molds or break up into pieces.
Store in freezer.

NOTES

Without the peanuts, these babies are Deep S!
I'm not going to tell you how many are a serving size because that totally varies on what else you're eating at the same time. Eat a moderate amount.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment