Thursday, February 01, 2018

CINNAMON BUN FAT BOMB BARS

Cinnamon Bun Fat Bombs

 A fat bomb is used in a ketogenic diet to increase the amount of fat consumed for that day. You might be thinking why on earth would you want to increase fat? A ketogenic diet changes the ratio of carbs/protein/fat to a high-fat diet that makes you a fat burning machine. I used to eat ketogenic when I first started eating grain free and you can lose weight and keep it off with very little effort. 



I always enjoyed eating that way. The closest I ever got to making a fat bomb was taking coconut oil and mixing it with unsweetened cocoa and a little raw honey. I would nibble on the chocolate for a few days.



Cinnamon Bun Fat Bombs

The fat bomb I made is a dessert type fat bomb (unlike a savoury fat bomb like homemade mayo). I’m proud to say this fat bomb contains zero sweeteners. The cinnamon bun fat bomb bar relies on the coconut taste of the creamed coconut and intense flavors of cinnamon and almond butter. It is truly yummy.



Cinnamon Bun Fat Bombs

CINNAMON BUN FAT BOMB BARS

Yield: 2 bars


Ingredients

1/2 cup creamed coconut, cut into chunks
1/8 tsp
cinnamon
First Icing:
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil (not melted)
1 tbsp almond butter (or double the coconut oil. Bars in the picture have the coconut oil icing but I prefer the almond butter mixed with coconut oil icing)
Second Icing:
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil or almond butter*I prefer almond butter
1/2 tsp
cinnamon

Instructions

Line a dish or a mini loaf pan, muffin pan etc with appropriate liners (i.e. muffin liners).
In a bowl, using your hands, mix the coconut cream and cinnamon. Pat into the dish. Fills 2 mini loaf sections.
First Icing: In another bowl using a whisk, whisk together the coconut oil and almond butter. Spread this over the creamed coconut. Place the bars in the freezer for about 5 minutes or more.
Second Icing: Using a whisk, mix the icing together in a bowl. Drizzle the icing over the bars and either freeze again or consume.
I use a knife to cut my bar into tiny chunks.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment