Sunday, August 19, 2018

TOP 30 SHORT RUNNING QUOTES AND SCRIPTURAL INSPIRATION TO KEEP YOU ON YOUR FEET

 Short Running Quotes That Keep Me Alive


Without motivation, you’ll never finish an ultramarathon.


It’s so easy to give up – you have hours of opportunities.





If you’re strong enough to endure the initial hours, congratulations! But that means nothing if you can’t endure until the finish.

I recite short running quotes to help pump me up before and during a race.

These are my mantras while I run.

These are the mantras that keep me alive.

No doubt about it, without these quotes urging me onwards, I would not have been able to complete many of my 50K and 100K races.

30 SHORT RUNNING QUOTES


1. “Not all pain is significant.” – Dave Terry


2. “Sometimes you just do things.” – Scott Jurek


3. “This is what you came for.” – Scott Jurek


4. “It’s supposed to hurt like hell.” – Dean Karnazes


5. “There is magic in misery.” – Dean Karnazes





6. “A run begins the moment you forget you are running.” – Adidas


7. “Racing is the fun part; it’s the reward of all the hard work.” – Kara Goucher


8. “It does not matter how slowly you do so long as you do not stop.” – Confucious


9. “The only way to define your limits is by going beyond them.” – Arthur Clarke


10. “All it takes is all you got.” – Marc Davis





11. “Pain is temporary.” – Lance Armstrong


12. “Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run.” – Jumbo Elliot


13. “Nothing, not even pain, lasts forever.” – Kim Cowart


14. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard…is what makes it great!” – Tom Hanks


15. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” – Dean Karnazes


16. “Running is the greatest metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into it.” – Oprah Winfrey


17. “You don’t get to choose when the opportunity is going to knock, so you better be prepared for it when it does.” – Ted Anderson


18. “What does not destroy me, makes me strong.” – Nietzsche


19. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Haruki Murakami





20. “If you want to win a race you have to go a little berserk.” – Bill Rodgers


21. “It’s supposed to hurt, GET OVER IT!” – Gary Robbins


22. “Don’t dream of winning, train for it!” – Mo Farah


23. “There will come a day when I can no longer run. Today is not that day.” – Unknown


24. “One thing about racing is that it hurts.” – Bob Kennedy


25. “The prize never goes to the fastest guy. It goes to the guy who slows down the least.” – Chris Hauth





26. “Pain is the body’s way of ridding itself of weakness.” – Dean Karnazes

SCRIPTURAL INSPIRATION

27. “Let us run with patience the race that is set before us.” – Hebrews 12:1

28. “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” – Philippians 4:13

29. “I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things.” – Alma 26:12

30. “And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.” – Mosiah 4:27

DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER SHORT RUNNING QUOTES THAT HELP YOU THROUGH THE HARD TIMES? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment